Add to Favourites
- Prep Time: 1h 21 min
- Cook Time: 2h 40 min
- Serving: For 4 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 231 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 17g
Chunky Beef Stew
This is a very basic beef stew. It’s easy, delicious and inexpensive to make. While there are hundreds of variations of this traditional recipe, it’s hard to improve on this version’s savory and comforting goodness.
- beef - 2 pounds cubed stew meat
- vegetable oil - 3 spoons
- beef bouillon - 4 cubes, crumbled
- onion - 1 large, chopped
- rosemary - 1 teaspoon
- black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- potatoes - 3 large, peeled and cubed
- carrots - 4, cut into 1 inch pieces
- stalks celery - 4, cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat until hot, but not smoking. Pat the meat dry with paper towels and brown in batches, transferring the meat with a slotted spoon to a bowl as they are done.
- In the fat remaining in the pot, cook the onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Return meat to the pot with any juices in the bowl and add the tomatoes with juice, chiles, beer, beef broth, oregano, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer, partially covered, for 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.